Is it important to have an everyday makeup routine? It is a personal decision but there are so many benefits to having one. And if you’ve always wanted one, now is a great time to learn your signature look!
Easy – Create a makeup look that you love and can repeat every day.
How do you find a look you love? Start with your favorite features…let that be your focus. If you love your eyes, spend more time on them than anything else. If you have great skin or nice lips make them stand out.
Want some details on how to highlight your favorite feature? Check out my free guide on how to Highlight Your Favorite Feature.
Simple – Don’t use more beauty products than you need to.
You don’t need a closet full of products to create your everyday look. Find products that do double duty so you don’t have to have a different product for each part of your face. Some that I love are:
- Creamy eyeliner can double as a shadow if you smudge across your lid.
- I love this duo bronzer and highlighter combination from Charlotte Tillbury.
- A creamy blush.
- Bronzer can be used to contour, bronze, and shadow color to create dimension in your eyelid crease.
The benefits to beauty products that do more than one thing are – more time and less money!
Quick – Save time every day applying your makeup with these tips.
If your everyday makeup routine takes you an hour, you are unlikely to stick with it. It really should take you less time to do your makeup than to eat your breakfast and drink your coffee! Some tips to save time:
- Apply your makeup in the same order every day for ease and quickness
- Keep your makeup organized. There’s no bigger time suck than trying to find that concealer at the bottom of your makeup drawer again.
- Have a dedicated time and space to apply your makeup. Trying to do it on the fly in the car or in the kitchen while trying to feed your kids breakfast leads to mistakes and needing to start over. Clear out 10 minutes in your morning schedule and focus just on your makeup routine.
Additional benefits to an easy everyday makeup routine.
Great makeup always starts with great skin. When you have an everyday makeup routine, you tend to take better care of your skin because you will be wiping your makeup off every night and moisturizing. Good skincare routines always make the application of your makeup easier!
Another benefit is confidence. My clients often tell me a little makeup can go a long way with their confidence. And when they feel good, they tend to do more and take better care of themselves too.
My Personal Everyday Makeup Routine
I love the natural look. I hate that cakey/heavy feeling on my face! I’m a minimalist at heart. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Like many of you, I also don’t have much time to spend on my makeup. As a busy mom and business owner, I have 10 minutes (on a good day!) to apply makeup. I honestly spend more time on my skincare routine in the evening!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I don’t use foundation every day but when I do this is my 10 minute daytime look.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Skin (5.5 minutes)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2 minutes- Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Foundation⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2 minutes – Nars Creamy Concealer⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 30 seconds – Laura Mercier Translucent Powder ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 30 seconds – Bobbi Brown Bronzer in Golden Light
- 30 seconds – Makeup Geek in Spellbound ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Eyes (3 minutes)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 minute – MAC Shadow in soft brown ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 minute – MAC Kohl Liner in Prunella ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 minute – L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Mascara ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Lips (1.5 minutes)
- 1 minute – Charlotte Tilbury Lip Liner in pillow talk ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 30 seconds – Fenty Lip Gloss in Sweetmouth ⠀
This look is easy, quick, and perfect for every day!⠀Need more help creating your personalized everyday makeup routine? Don’t forget to download my free guide on how to Highlight Your Favorite Feature. It will help you figure out what will work best for you!