Changing from your day makeup look to night can be easier than you think. Whether it’s from work to dinner or an event…. or more likely these days from a work Zoom call to a fun Zoom call with your girlfriends, have fun with your makeup! While a daytime look is more subtle and typically less product, there are some simple steps that you can take to amp it up for nighttime!
Your Daytime Makeup Look
Daytime makeup should be soft and relaxed. You don’t want it to look too harsh in the natural light. As always, having skin looking great is most important. Follow a skincare routine like this to keep your skin fresh and healthy. Then keep your daytime makeup simple with these tips:
- Start with a layer of foundation. Sparingly put on foundation with a damp sponge to even out skin tone. This will keep you from looking like you caked on the foundation.
- Then gently dust a little bronzer all over your face to get that natural glow.
- Add a touch of blush to brighten up your cheekbones but don’t overdo it.
To add a little color and a hint of glam for your daytime look:
- Choose your favorite neutral eyeshadow. Swipe one simple wash of color all over the lid.
- Use a thin eyeliner to line just the top of your lids to define your eyes.
- Put a coat of mascara on your top lashes only to open up your eyes.
- Use your favorite lip gloss to finish it off or just keep your lips moist with lip balm.
Take Your Makeup Look Into The Night
Nighttime is dark and the lighting is much different. It is a great time to get creative and add some color to your look. Change it up, add some drama, and have fun!
If you are short on time don’t wash all your daytime makeup off, spray some rose water spray (like Mario Badesku) to wake up your skin. Then it’s time to get creative… here are some tips you can try:
- Winged liner – add a darker eyeliner and wing it out. This instantly makes your eyes pop and adds some drama. It takes you from a more subtle daytime look into the night in just a minute!
- Don’t forget the sparkle! Add some shimmer shadow to your lids to bring out your night eyes. Nothing brightens up your look like a little sparkle in your eyes. I love this look!
- Add some lipstick – wipe off your gloss and add some color. A red is sure to make it pop!
- False lashes. They are a sure way to take things up a notch. Make sure to curl your lashes and put on another coat of mascara before you apply false lashes. Ardell Demi Wispies are one of my favorites. Oh, and don’t forget to apply a lengthening mascara on your lower lashes, too.
Adding one of these simple steps can completely change a look and bring it into the night. Try one or try them all. No need to reinvent the wheel. Have fun with it!